Tuesday, February 16, 2010

You'll never be what is in your heart

An incredible quote from the episode of Grey's Anatomy I'm watching, Callie's father has come to see her, hasn't spoken to her since she told him she was gay, quite some time ago. She said all this stuff and I just thought it was so... so beautiful. Because I know that Jesus is ashamed of lots of things I do. Don't get me wrong, I don't think he's ashamed of me, just the wrong things I do.


Mr. Torres: Leviticus: Thou shall not lie with a man as one lies with a female, it is an abomination
Callie: Oh, don't do that daddy! Don't quote the bible at me!
Mr. Torres: The outcry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and the sin is exceedingly grave.
Father Kevin: Carlos, this is not what we...
Callie: Jesus: A new commandment that I give unto you, that you love one another.
Mr. Torres: Romans: but we know that laws-
Callie: Jesus: he, who is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone...
Mr. Torres: So you admit it's a sin?
Callie: Blessed are the merciful for they shall obtain mercy! Jesus: blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God! Jesus: blessed are those who have been persecuted for righteousness sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven! Jesus is my savior daddy, not you! And Jesus would be ashamed of you for judging me! He would be ashamed of you for turning your back on me. He would be ashamed.

No comments:

Post a Comment